We welcome Fr John O’Shea from our Pastoral Unit to celebrate the 10am mass in Ballybrown.
The wedding Feast at Cana: The bible has many different metaphors for the relationship in intimate love between God and his people. Covenant is one. Father and child is another. In the New Testament, vine and branches is a third, but beginning with the prophet Hosea, one of the more beautiful ways of describing the relationship between God and his people is that of marriage. It is the description used by the prophet Isaiah in today’s First Reading. As the bridegroom rejoices in his bride, so God rejoices in his people. It is a popular image in the New Testament, the image of marriage parallels the mission of Jesus, that of the wedding is a powerful symbol of our own baptismal journey; of the Church as the bride of Christ, and of heaven as a wedding feast.
Annual Collection for the Limerick Social Service Centre this weekend at all masses. Their staff and volunteers provide a wide variety of social activities on behalf of individuals, families and communities. These activities include Counselling which offers access to qualified counsellors, Early Years Service with crèche and preschool, Child and Family Service and an Older Persons Servi ce.
Once again they are requesting your generous help which enables them to continue to respond in creative ways to emerging needs.
45 Drive in Aid of Donie Lane: Donie is one of our very loyal members and we would like to support him on Thursday 24th January at 8.30pm in Ballybrown/Clarina Community Resource Centre. All welcome please bring friend!!! Extra spot prizes on the night.
- 2019 Historic Structures Fund and Built Heritage Investment Schemesupport the owners and custodians of protected structures in every local authority area across the country in 2019. Details of the schemes and how to apply are available on all local authority websites and the Department’s website See https://www.limerick.ie/council/services/planning-and-property/natural-built-heritage/historic-structures-fund. Deadline for applications is 31st January 2019.
- Pop Up Museum: In association with Mungret Heritage, Limerick City and County Museum are visiting Mungret St. Pauls GAA Community Centre on Sunday January 20th from 12noon to 4pm to put on display artefacts from the area. You are very welcome to join us, admission is free.
- Easter Pilgrimage Fatima and Lisbonex Dublin (last remaining seats) for Feast Day of Saint Anthony 9th/14th June 2019. Full Board €675 pps, single supplement €32. Contact James Treacy 061-921470.
- Rome/San Giovanni 15th /22nd April– Easter 2019 with Papal Ceremonies in Rome for Easter period 7 nights €995 pps. Payments can be made in instalments, contact James Treacy on 061-921470.
- Do this in Memory 2018-2019: We welcome the 2nd class children and their families from Ballybrown School to mass on Saturday next 26th at 8pm and from Patrickswell School to mass on Sunday 27th at 11.30pm.
Ballybrown: Sat 19th Paddy & Nora Foster, Maura Gavin and Paddy Byrnes.
Sun 20th Tommy Conway, Paddy Byrnes, Claire & Seamus O’Shaughnessy.
Patrickswell: Sat 19th Tom Hallinan. Sun 20th Donie Moroney.
MAY THEY REST IN PEACE
MASSES FOR COMING WEEK
Patrickswell: 9.30am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
Saturday Mass – 6.30pm. Sunday 11.30am.
Adoration: Thursdays from 7.00 to 9.00pm & Saturdays 8.00am – 12noon.
Baptisms: 2nd & 4th weekends of the month on Sat at 5.00pm and Sun at 12.30pm.
Next Baptismal Gathering Tuesday 12th February in Church Meeting Room at 7.30pm.
Ballybrown: 9.30am – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Saturday Masses – 8.00pm. Sunday 10.00am
Wednesday 8.00pm. Adoration from 7.00pm to 8.00pm.
Baptisms: 1st & 3rdweekends of the month on Sat at 5.00pm and Sun at 12.30pm.
Next Baptismal Gathering is Monday 18th February at 7.30pm in the Church.
Baptisms to be booked one month in advance with Parish Office.
Please give one month’s notice when booking a Baptism.
Fr Mike Cussen Tel: 061 353711 or MOB 087 1279015
PARISH OFFICE HOURS: Mondays/Thursdays & Fridays 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Contact Number: 061 353454. Email: email@example.com
Parish Website: pwbbparish.com
Offertory Collection Last Weekend: €1653.40
Crib Collection for Sr.Bride Counihan: €830.00
Thank you for your generosity.