5/6th January 2019
Epiphany of the Lord
Reflection for 2019 from Fr Mike.
Soon the Christmas decorations will be put away. Soon the crib and Christmas candle will be set aside. We pray that we will bring the Spirit, Hope and Love of the Christmas story into the year 2019.
So we pray Lord Jesus thank you for coming to live amongst us. Thank you for your presence in our lives each moment of this New Year.
May we feel the strength of your presence in our hearts.
May we recognise your presence in each person that comes our way.
May we carry in our heart the Joy of your presence.
A Joy that does not depend on what will happen this coming year.
Lord Jesus may your Holy Spirit guide our thoughts, words and deeds.
May your Holy Spirit free us from all that creates undue distress in our hearts.
Free us from putting undue expectations on ourselves or on others.
Enable us to bring compassion and forgiveness to ourselves when we make
mistakes and not live in the way you wish we would live.
May your Holy Spirit enable us to bring this same compassion and forgiveness to others. Thank you Lord for all the loving people that will come our way this coming year. May we bring love and care to others guided by your presence within us.
- MILFORD LIGHTS: Closing Mass for the “Light up the Memory Tree” at Milford Hospice will take place on Sunday December 6th at 6pm.Every one remembered on the tree will be prayed for. All welcome. Tel. 061 485859 or 061 485860.
- Thank You: To those who helped in any way to make the Christmas Celebrations a very special time in this Parish.
- Thanks to all who delivered the Envelope Boxes in recent weeks. If anyone did not receive a box and would like to participate in the Envelope System please contact Pauline in the Parish Office.
- Nursing Home or Home Visits: If you know of any family member or parishioner who would welcome a pastoral visit whether at home or in hospital please contact Fr Mike or the Parish Office.
- Brothers of Charity will take your Christmas cards and any other cards plus stamps. Box at Back of Church.
Offertory Collection Last Weekend: €2409.90
Diocesan Needs Collection for December: €852.00
Booking of Anniversary Masses
If you wish to book an Anniversary Mass please go to the Church to meet the Sacristan. All masses must be recorded in the book held in the Sacristy to ensure no Anniversaries are omitted. This can be done before or after any mass during the week or at weekends. Thank you
Patrickswell: Sat 5th Michael Fitzgerald, Teresa Tierney
Fri 11th Denis Leonard, Fanningstown.
MAY THEY REST IN PEACE
Masses for Coming Week
Patrickswell: 9.30am – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
Saturday Mass – 6.30pm. Sunday 11.30am.
Adoration: Thursdays from 7.00 to 9.00pm & Saturdays 8.00am – 12noon.
Baptisms: 2nd & 4th weekends of the month on Sat at 5.00pm and Sun at 12.30pm.
Next Baptismal Gathering Tuesday 8th January in Church Meeting Room at 7.30pm.
Ballybrown: 9.30am – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Saturday Masses – 8.00pm. Sunday 10.00am
Wednesday 8.00pm. Adoration from 7.00pm to 8.00pm.
Baptisms: 1st & 3rdweekends of the month on Sat at 5.00pm and Sun at 12.30pm.
Next Baptismal Gathering is Monday 21st January at 7.30pm in the Church.
Baptisms to be booked one month in advance with Parish Office.
Please give one month’s notice when booking a Baptism.
Baptisms: We welcome into our Christian Community those who were baptised recently.
- Rían James Doyle, Ballybrown
- Elana Jane Daoud , Abu Dhabi & Clarina Village,
- Sadie Ruth Lovquist, Sweden & Patrickswell.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your prayers, support and very generous offerings to the Christmas Dues and weekly collections throughout 2018. Your generosity is a reflection of your goodwill which is very much valued and appreciated.
Happy New Year to all our parishioners, friends and relations. Fr Mike.
PARISH OFFICE HOURS: Mondays/Thursdays & Fridays 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Located in Ballybrown/Clarina Community Resource Centre.
Contact Number: 061 353454. Email: email@example.com
Parish Website: pwbbparish.com
Notices for the Weekly Parish Newsletter must be received before 12noon on Thursdays.